visual storytelling to elevate your brand
If your audience does not know, like, or trust you they will never become your customer. Video is the most visceral medium and story is the format that best speaks to the emotional, decision-making part of our brain. Video storytelling is the best tool for driving your target audience to take a measurable action because it's the shortest distance from stranger to friend.
Why Video as your medium
- 46% of users take some sort of action after viewing a video ad, according to Online publishers association.
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online, according to ComScore.
- 96% of B2B organizations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns of which 73% report positive results to their ROI, according to a survey conducted by ReelSEO.
- Including a video on your homepage can increase conversion rates by 20% or more, according to ReelSEO.
- Unbounce reports that including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
why tell stories
- Connects with the decision-making areas in audience’s brain.
- Studies show facts are easier to remember when embedded in a story than if they're delivered in any other form.
- It can increase the value of your product or highlight your main idea by moving it to another context.
- Stories are contagious and spread by word of mouth.
- They let you be more original and stand out from your competition.
- Storytelling humanizes your organization to people and therefore creates more meaningful bonds that reciting of facts, features/benefits cannot.
What is a story?
Story can come in many shapes and sizes. The structures of a screenplay, a novel, an article, etc are different, but at the core they're all about a protagonist overcoming obstacles to achieve his/her goal. No matter which story type I develop for you, it will always have these fundamental attributes : a time indicator, a place indicator, a hero, an obstacle, a goal, events, lesson(s) learned, and a call-to-action.
STEPS IN STORY SELECTION
Step 1: Define your objective – what do you want your audience to think, feel, or do as a result of your story?
Step 2: Look for a relevant success, failure, or moment of clarity surrounding that main idea.
Step 3: Make one up – this is if you strike out otherwise. We will fabricate the story you need, under two conditions:(A) audience must know it is made it up (“Lets say 2 years from now…”, “Suppose you’re in the real-estate business…”), and (B) it is plausible.
Step 4: We'll list & choose – after our thorough info-gathering, we will recommend the right story types for your objective and pick the story that best delivers the main message. If all deliver equally well, we'll pick one with the most relatable hero, most relevant obstacle, and most engaging struggle.
How not to do video right
There's one recurring mistake I see organizations make in their attempts at video marketing. They put themselves in front of a camera and recite facts thinking just because they're now conveying them through video instead of website copy, it's going to be more effective. But what they're doing is just making themselves the human embodiment of a PowerPoint presentation. This is video for the sake of video and, like anything, when it's not done right, it won't be effective. Then, I imagine, after their video doesn't move the needle in any meaningful way for their objective they think to themselves, "why did I waste time?" not realizing their strategy was the problem, not video the medium.
The 10 Story Types
These are the story types we will match with your unique objectives once you've filled out our inquiry form (link at the bottom of this page) with in-depth, thorough, insightful answers.
1. “WHOM I’VE/we've HELPED AND HOW” STORY
2. Founding Stories
3. “How We’re Different From Our Competitors” Stories
4. YOUR PRODUCT’S INVENTION OR DISCOVERY STORY.
5. PROBLEM STORY.
6. CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES.
7. TWO-ROADS STORIES.
8. BEING PROACTIVE WITH OBJECTIONS STORIES - A JOURNEY TO DISCOVERY STORIES
9. CLOSING THE SALE STORIES.
10. STORYTELLING AFTER THE SALE
AS AN IMPORTANT FIRST STEP, PLEASE FILL OUT THE INQUIRY FORM.
At this stage my team and I want to get to know you & ask the right questions so that we can create a video strategy specific to your business objectives. Every question below arms us with valuable info that will help build the right strategy for your video marketing.
Our approach is to not treat you like another client off an assembly line of generic clients with uniform needs. We know that your goals and objectives are unique to you. So these questions are the first, and most critical, step in our relationship. Please be as thorough as possible with your answers and provide as many examples as possible where applicable.
For general inquiries or to just say hi, email me at email@example.com